TAKE THE POLL

Scroll to the bottom of the page and take a poll on QR Codes!!

THANKS FOR VISITING!!

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Kids teaching Kids

So I feel it is that time of the year that students should start showing what they have learned. What better way to do that than have them teach a lesson. One of my stations for the next 2 weeks in math class will be for the group to teach a certain concept we have already learned. I choose the topics and then the children can pick which one they want.

They must create a lesson, game, and assessment. Each year I am amazed by the work they put into it. The children teaching truly gain a knowledge of the topic. It is easy to add 2 fractions, but to explain how to do it and break it down shows true knowledge of the topic.

I try to do this twice during the year. It is time consuming, but it is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment