TAKE THE POLL

Scroll to the bottom of the page and take a poll on QR Codes!!

THANKS FOR VISITING!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A complaint I hear about stations....

I am new to teaching math in more of a workshop model. This is my second year using stations in my math class. Most other teachers think it is too hard. It is too time consuming and takes alot of work on the teacher part. Also how can you manage all the children.

Like I said I only have 2 years experience with using this setup in my classroom, but I could not imagine it any other way. May students know the routine of the stations. They know how much time they have. They know they are held accountable.

And most importantly I feel they are having fun...they love math and I truly don't hear any complaints.

I use this time so children can see how much time is left. It turns to yellow when they have a minute left and then red when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment