TAKE THE POLL

Scroll to the bottom of the page and take a poll on QR Codes!!

THANKS FOR VISITING!!

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Task Cards

So I was at my son's karate class tonight and I was talking to another teacher friend about my class. I can't say enough good things about it. Working in the stations I can constantly revisit difficult topics or I can add a fun new challenging one. My children today were having quite a bit of difficulty with renaming fractions. They still do not understand how to change lets say 5 7/4 to 6 3/4. So next week we will be practicing this. I have taught them the skill they just need to practice....
So using task cards with QR Codes is great. The children sit in a station and can check their work. I only use 12 task cards because it is a 15  minute station. That takes them the whole time. I will then retest individually to see how they are doing.

Task Cards are an easy and quick way to practice. And the QR Codes are fun for the kids...they feel in charge. Check out the cards I will use...Subtracting Fractions Task Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment