TAKE THE POLL

Scroll to the bottom of the page and take a poll on QR Codes!!

THANKS FOR VISITING!!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Giving attention to my students

By Teaching in a math workshop model, I can give my students the small group attention that many of them need. The students who struggle have come up with strategies to help them through. Many times this includes a wandering eye! When I work with a group of 3 to 5 I can see who gets it. When certain children understand it, I might send them back to their desk to finish and help the children in need.
Sometimes I can even give children 1 on 1. Working in the small group also allows other children to help each other. Sometimes all a child needs is to hear the information from someone else. I am very open to having the children solve the problems in a way that they understand. I tech them all the strategies I know, and I let them choose what works best for them. My rule is they have to understand how I solved it, but they can pick how they want to solve it. We all see numbers differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment